Strong Bolt is a wedge anchor specifically designed for optimum performance in both cracked and uncracked concrete; a requirement that the 2009 IBC places on post-installed anchors. The proprietary tri-segmented clip has dual undercutting embossments on each segment which enable secondary or “follow-up” expansion if a crack forms and intersects the anchor location. This significantly increases the ability of the Strong-Bolt wedge anchor to carry load if the hole opened slightly due to a crack. The Strong-Bolt anchor sets like a standard wedge anchor and is available in Imperial fractional sizes.
Material – Carbon steel stud with a special alloy clip, stainless steel stud with a stainless steel clip
Finish – Zinc plated (carbon steel)
- Tri-segmented clip each segment is able to adjust independently increasing follow-up expansion should the hole increase in size as a result of a crack.
- Dual embossments on each clip segment: Allows the clip to undercut into the concrete increasing follow-up expansion should a crack occur.
- 316 stainless steel clip
- Imperial fractional sized anchor: Fits most fixtures and installs with common drill bits sizes and tools.
- Head is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie® “≠” sign and size ID for easy identification
|Size (In.)||Model No.||Drill Bit Dia (In.)||Thread Length (In.)||Box Qty||Carton Qty|
|1/2 x 3 1/4||STB50334||1/2||1 3/4||25||125|
|1/2 x 4 1/4||STB50414||1/2||2 1/4||25||100|
|1/2 x 5 1/2||STB50512||1/2||3 1/2||25||100|
|1/2 x 7||STB50700||1/2||5||25||100|
|1/2 x 8 1/2||STB50812||1/2||6||25||50|
|1/2 x 10||STB50100||1/2||6||25||50|
|5/8 x 4 1/2||STB62412||5/8||2 1/16||20||80|
|5/8 x 5||STB62500||5/8||2 9/16||20||80|
|5/8 x 6||STB62600||5/8||3 9/16||20||80|
|5/8 x 7||STB62700||5/8||4 9/16||20||80|
|5/8 x 8 1/2||STB62812||5/8||6||20||40|
|5/8 x 10||STB62100||5/8||6||20||20|
|3/4 x 5 1/2||STB75512||3/4||2 11/16||10||40|
|3/4 x 6 1/4||STB75614||3/4||3 7/16||10||40|
|3/4 x 7||STB75700||3/4||4 3/16||10||40|
|3/4 x 8 1/2||STB75812||3/4||5 11/16||10||20|
|3/4 x 10||STB75100||3/4||6||10||20|
|1 x 7||STB100700||1||3 1/2||5||20|
|1 x 10||STB1001000||1||3 1/2||5||10|
|1 x 13||STB1001300||1||3 1/2||5||10|
- Do not use an impact wrench to set or tighten the Strong-Bolt anchor
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth and blow it clean using compressed air. Overhead installations need not be blown clean. Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling.
- Assemble the anchor with nut and washer so that the top of the nut is flush with the top of the anchor. Place the anchor in the fixture and drive into the hole until washer and nut are tight against the fixture.
- Tighten to the required installation torque.
Caution: Oversized holes in the base material will make it difficult to set the anchor and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
Code Reports – click for most recent
- Material Safety Data Sheet
- Material Safety Data Sheet – Español
- Material Safety Data Sheet – Français
- ICC-ES ESR-1771
- City of Los Angeles RR25705
- Florida Statewide Product Approval FL15731